A child can be referred to us by any professional involved with a child e.g. social worker, health visitor, CAMHS, teacher, youth and community worker.
If you feel that a child you work with, could benefit from Play Therapy or if you need further advice, please contact us. All enquiries will be treated in confidence.
Possible reason’s for referral:
- Difficulties reaching their full academic potential
- Emotional problems; e.g. worry or sadness that seem excessive or concerning
- Behavioural difficulties
- Significant life changes, e.g. family difficulties, separation, loss of a loved one
- Past abuse (physical, sexual, emotional)
- Difficult relationships
- Nightmares or disturbed sleep
- Situations of being excluded from school
- Difficulties in the process of being adopted or fostered
- Being bullied or bullying others
We offer both individual and group Play Therapy NI sessions.
Referrals can be made by contacting our referrals co-ordinator. An electronic referral form via email will be sent, completed by the referrer (with parental/carer consent) and posted back. Demand for our service does fluctuate, which will influence access to our service.
It all starts with a simple 1 hour consultation.
Helping parents understand that accessing the support of Play Therapy for their child is a simple first step in making things better for them and their family.