Date: 10th March 2018
Time: 9.30am – 4.30pm
Venue: Edgehill College, 9 Lennoxvale, Malone Road, Belfast, BT9 5BY
Trainer: Play Therapy NI
Fee : £150.00
Lego®-based therapy is a social development programme for young people with autism spectrum disorders or related social communication difficulties. Young people work together to build Lego® models and through this have the opportunity to develop social skills such as turn taking, collaboration and social communication. The training equips you to deliver Lego®-based therapy in your school, clinical or community setting.
What does the training cover?
• Theory and principles of Lego® Based Therapy
• Practical application of running Lego® Based therapy and clubs
• Monitoring progress in group
• Promoting social skills
• Using Lego® in play therapy and other therapeutic support with
Who is it suitable for?
Anyone who wishes to set up and run a Lego® Based therapy group and those who want to use Lego® more widely working therapeutically with children.
• Play therapists
• Teaching assistants
• Teachers / SENCOs
• Any professionals with an interest in ASD or other social communication difficulties
• Parents/ carers
Maximum number of places available: 24
or click here to obtain a booking form: email@example.com
Postgraduate Certificate in Therapeutic Play Skills
Please contact: Play Therapy UK, The Coach House, Belmont Road, Uckfield, East Sussex, TN22 1BP
Telephone: 01825 761143